Monday 20 October 2008

Penny Black Challenge


Today I have been on a catch-up with all of the challenge blogs and came across this one at "Penny Black Saturday Challenge". As I'm trying to make Christmas Cards at the moment, and I have a few Penny Black Christmas stamps I thought I'd have a go, at making this weeks challenge, an ATC. Never having made one before I am quite pleased with the results.
I used red card 3.5 x 2.5. then cut a piece of white card slightly smaller, coloured this to look like holly and berries, then stamped and decoupaged the cute hedgehog. I stuck some small red beads on for berries and stamped "Christmas"using just the word from a "penny Black" "We wish you a merry Christmas" stamp.Ribbon is from the stash. (must get some more of this as am running out, but can't remember where I got it from, do you get like that or is it just me??? must be my age!!!!)Anyway wish me luck. Also if anyone knows how to link my attempt onto another blog please tell me, most entries now say " and you can view my card here" and when you click on the here it takes you straight to their entry??? How do they do that????

5 comments:

tracie said...

oh sooo cute, I love your ATC Lynne - very cute.
thanks for joining us this week :)x

Kath Stewart said...

well done on your first ATC...I'm a first timer too....love the papers and the cute hedgie image - great work and thanks for playing along this week at PBSC
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

Shelly said...

Hi Lynne! Great atc, I'd never have known it was your first attempt! I've got his stamp too, it's so cute! To create a hyperlink, mmm I'll try to explain...you need to type this into the comment box: HERE is my card. Where the PAGE ADDRESS is you need to replace this with the address of where your card is, the easiest way to do this is by clicking on the title of your post, this will show the exact page address in your address bar at the top of the screen. Then all I do is copy this then paste it in place of PAGE ADDRESS. It sounds complicated but it's not really. A little tip, I have a copy of the hyperlink line on my pc and I copy and paste it each time as I can never remember it exactly. Hope this helps xx

Shelly said...

Oops not sure but why but I created a hyper link... I'll try to email it to you x

Shelly said...

Don't know your email addy, email me if you want to know how it's done. My address is on my blog. Thanks