Thursday 29 January 2009

Penny Black Challenge / Frame It


Had a great day yesterday, I decided not to do any housework and just craft. My friend Sue came round and that's what we did, we crafted for hours (although it only seemed minutes) I made three cards for challenges that I had seen on various blogs and the first one is this "Penny Black" "Frame It".
I used a 5inch square white card, then cut a piece of pink Cordinations card slightly smaller,made it into a frame by cutting a scalloped aperture in the centre, roughened the edges and pricked a line around the edge (trying to make this look like stitching???) The circle cut from the centre (using the cuttlebug and large scallope circle) I cut on the next die smaller. Cut a smaller white circle for the matt and then stamped the roses using "Brush Rose" Penny Black Stamp and Marvay Le Plume pens. Decorated with a small white button and a piece or white ribbon and 6 small stick on gems. Stamped a "Just for you" on the corner after I'd put the outside square on raised pads (phew!!!) and thats it.

1 comment:

Carol said...

This is so feminine & pretty Lynne!
Gorgeous card :)

Hugs
Carol x