Thursday 29 January 2009

Basic Grey / Recipe


The challenge at "Basic Grey" is to make a card using a recipe. 2 patterned papers, 1 button, 1 ribbon and bow, 3 brads, so with Valentines Day coming up I made this for my hubby Pete. Not sure about the teddy bear??? I really enjoyed this challenge as it really made me think how to arrange items on the card, need more practice!!!
Made this using a 5inch square white card, the two patterened papers are from "Sultry". I tried to tear the back matt as I sometimes play safe with straight lines but I'm quite pleased with the results. the brads and button are from "Basic Grey" but I can't remember the name as I've decanted them into storage boxes!!! Teddy is a "Forever Friends" which I thought was quite apt as it's for valentines day!!Ribbon again is a small piece from stash!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Lynne,
Gorgeous card - love the papers you've used and well done with your tearing. What a cute image and beautifully coloured.
Glad you enjoyed the challenge and thanks for 'playing' with us at Basic Grey this week.
hugs Heather xx

Carol said...

Cute image, great card for the challenge :)
Good to see you joining in with more challenges.....you will get hooked!

Hugs
Carol x