Tuesday 20 January 2009

Baby Card/ Penny Black Challenge


My friend in Stratford on Avon has a grandaughter who will be one next week, so I have been playing with baby cards. I dug out one of the "Penny Black" stamps and triple stamped it then used these as decoupage. (I love this effect). The papers are from "Basic Grey" "Two Scoops" cut using the "Cuttlebug". the ribbon is some from the stash that I thought went quite well?

I really enjoy this type of card. I have just been over to the Penny Black Challenge Blog and the challenge is "Dotty"!!! Well as the background has dots on I'm going to enter!!! The only problem is that after looking at at all the others I feel my is a little plain, but hay ho! we all start somewhere!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you :), love your card too! I totally love the scalloped frame ^_^.

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card for the challenge Lynne...love the scalloped frame and great colour work on your image... "is your card good enough"...it's brill.....thanks for playing along this week at PBSC
Hugs kath xxxx

Pauline C said...

Adorable card for the challenge Lynn - lovely cute image and love your decoupage effect. Your card is certanly well good enough to enter :-) Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week .
Pauline x

Beth said...

This is so sweet! I love the cute stamp and the layout you've used! Thanks for joining the PB challenge this week!
Beth xx

Sue said...

Oh lynne, this is adorable!!! love the image it works really well for the challenge

xxx Sue

tracie said...

oh wow Lynne this is adorable, love the layering and gorgoues papers - fabuluos work.
Thanks for joining us this week
hugs
Tracie :)x

Cardmaking Galore said...

so so lovely - how did you make the scalloped panel. trying to add to my stash :)

Carol said...

Of course it's not plain. it's gorgeous!! Love all the layering and great use of the nesties :)
Beautiful :)

Hugs
Carol x